As registered dietitians, we know exactly what nutrition related labs our clients need and how to interpret nutritional implications for each client. But, to get tested at a lab in the US, a licensed practitioner is required to write a prescription for the individual getting tested. It’s frustrating to our clients that, as dietitians, we can’t get these ordered without putting them through a time-consuming, and unnecessary doctor visit.
Now, Dietitians Can Independently Refer Clients for Nutrition Related Labs
NutriScape.NET can set you up with an account that will allow you to offer your clients the ability to order their own lab tests online. This direct access to lab results can save your clients time and money while putting you and your client in control with fast results.
- You refer your client (through a link from your free NutriScape page) for the particular lab test(s) they need.
- Your clients use a simple web login to find a nearby testing center for specimen collection, to place their orders, and to view and opt to share results with you.
- A great solution for your cash-pay clients or those with high insurance deductibles. Clients may use their Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account card to pay for labs. They may also request a coded receipt to submit to insurance. Reimbursement policies will vary by insurance.
- Patients don’t need an appointment with their doctor to get the lab results that will help you help them. A virtual doctor places the lab order electronically for your client immediately. And, if needed, a virtual medical consult is available.
- You can receive the results electronically as soon as they are released by the lab.
- Thousands of lab tests are available at thousands of testing centers in 47 states (excluding NY, RI, and NH).
Set Up Your Lab Account
If this sounds like a useful tool for you and your clients, send a request to email@example.com and we’ll set you right up!
Or schedule an online meeting so we can discuss more ways NutriScape can help you achieve your business goals through telehealth, online courses, downloads or publication of your articles or recipes.