As registered dietitians, we know exactly what nutrition related labs our clients need and how to interpret nutritional implications for each client. But, to get tested at a lab in the US, a licensed practitioner is required to write a prescription for the individual getting tested. It’s frustrating to our clients that, as dietitians, we can’t get these ordered without putting them through a time-consuming, and unnecessary doctor visit.
Now, Your Clients can Access Nutrition Related Labs
The “supermenu” bar at the very top of the NutriScape.NET site shows a link to the “Labs” page. This direct access to lab results can save your clients time and money while putting you and your client in control with fast results.
- You can easily search for the particular lab test(s) your client needs.
- Your clients use a simple web login to find a nearby testing center for specimen collection, to place their orders, and to view their results.
- A great solution for your cash-pay clients or those with high insurance deductibles. Clients may use their Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account card to pay for labs. They may also request a coded receipt to submit to insurance. Reimbursement policies will vary by insurance.
- Patients don’t need an appointment with their doctor to get the lab results that will help you help them. A remote physician places the lab order electronically for your client immediately. And, if needed, a virtual medical consult is available.
- Thousands of lab tests are available at thousands of testing centers in 47 states (excluding NY, RI, and NH).